My services include content writing & management / profile rendering / artist statement drafting / press releases / statements of purpose / transcriptions / college essays / facebook ads & marketing language consultations / collaborative language art / entertaining creative inquires concerning language, however odd.
My talent lies in the ability to conceptualize my client's large, multi-faceted ideas and clarify them into clear and concisely written language that make their project's core mission bloom.
On pricing please note each individual project necessitates its own evaluation to determine the best use of my services. Depending on the venture, I offer hourly rates as well as individual project package rates, which I will offer upon reviewing your project’s needs during our free thirty-minute consultation.
· 7+ years of experience freelance writing for independent contractors
· 2 years experience as a Lead Copywriter for a budding home decor startup in San Francisco
· 2 years as a Content Manager and Senior Staff Writer for a national arts nonprofit
For project proposals, pricing, a copy of my curriculum vitae, and other related inquiries, please contact me at rachelnagelberg[at]gmail[dot]com.
With nearly ten years of experience editing and proofreading fiction, nonfiction, and poetry manuscripts, I can help lift your writing project to the highest level of crafted, publishable material.
As an independent editor, I provide the personalized, specialized, and timely critiques that a large editing company cannot offer. Even your most challenging and experimental manuscripts can benefit from the competitive advantage of my scholarly background in creative writing, literature, art history, philosophy, and critical theory.
My goal is to help you communicate your creative ideas clearly and intelligently through multi-level analysis of language, craft, and structure.
· Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing, University of San Francisco
· Bachelor of Arts in English Writing, University of Pittsburgh
· Numerous published works
· Experience teaching university-level creative writing workshops
· Proofreading for a major publishing company
· Extensive copywriting and editorial work
· Hard copy or digital line edits, including proofreading and punctuation corrections
· Extensive typed feedback per draft read
· Option of in-person or phone consultation(s)
"Rachel Nagelberg as your reader will attend a poet's sensibility to your sentences, an academic's intelligence to your structure, and a novelist's awareness to the voice, tone, and plot of your manuscript. I have found her feedback to be like no other's. She doesn't just read or respond--she dives in. She analyzes. She will make you think of your work in ways you never have."
- Courtney Moreno, author of In Case of Emergency
"Rachel is a skilled manuscript coach and editor who delves beyond the obvious fixes and gets to the very heart of the story. I once asked her to help me combine love, loss and quantum physics into a story of a thousand words or less. She jumped on the challenge--and my story won the contest!"
- Brian Crawford, M.F.A.